Washington Nationals Off-Season Transactions, 2013-2014
2013 Player Departures:
RHP Dan Haren (FA Acquisition- LA Dodgers)
LHP Fernando Abad (Trade- Oakland A's)
Denard Span, 11.06.2013
Ian Desmond, 11.25.2013
- November 25, 2013 Assigned LHP Tyler Robertson outright to Syracuse (IL).
- November 21, 2013 Promoted Doug Harris to assistant general manager and vice president of player development, Kris Kline to assistant general manager and vice president of scouting operations, Mark Scialabba to director of player development, Mark Baca to national supervisor, Jeff Zona to special assistant to the general manager and Fred Costello to national crosschecker.
- November 20, 2013 Agreed to terms with RHP Chris Young and RHP Gabriel Alfaro on minor league contracts. Selected the contracts of Aaron Barrett from Harrisburg (EL); and of LHP Sammy Solis and OF Michael Taylor from from Potomac (Carolina). Designated LHPs Fernando Abad and Tyler Robertson for assignment.
- November 14, 2013 Requested release waivers on 3B Mauro Gomez.
- November 4, 2013 Reinstated LHP Ross Detwiler and RHP Christian Garcia from the 60-day DL.
- October 31, 2013 Named Matt Williams manager.
- October 24, 2013 Assigned 1B Chris Marrero outright to Syracuse (IL).